For those working in food making industry or responsible for producing quality food products for mass consumption, it is important that they have clear understanding on basic principles and legislations regarding food safety and hygiene so that they can ensure consistent quality and healthy food products.
This Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety course is one of the most popular food safety courses specially made for food handlers who are not directly involved in making or handling of food items but take care of food which are made elsewhere or marketing low risk foods. The course intends to educate learners with basic food hygiene standards, risk factors and healthy practices so that they take precautions while handling food and related products.
Some of the highlights of the course are given below:
- In line with RSPH and CIEH Level 1 Food Safety Awareness curriculum
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Recognized by CPD and accredited by RoSPA
- Study through online medium with no time limits for assessment criteria
- Full audio voiceover
Who Should Take This Course ?
The Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety course is designed by food safety experts for workers who are not directly involved in food making, processing or handling high-risk or low shelf-life food but for those who work where the food is made elsewhere and their involvement in handling food directly is abysmally low. The basic food safety course is also suitable for those working in places involved in wrapped and pre-packaged foods.
- Front of house employees.
- Checkout staff.
- Bar workers.
- Food delivery drivers (suppliers, takeaway, etc.).
- Kitchen porters.
- Warehouse staff.
People who are directly handling or making food items, should choose Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety course (available for food retail, catering and manufacturing sectors) so that they aware of legal implications and standard safety compliance.
For those who are employed as managers or supervisors with food industry should take up Level 3 Food Hygiene and Safety for their career enhancement.
The advantages of having this certification are many, some of them are:
The certification can make students capable of enforcing the compliance and safety audit.
All safety courses at Green World Group are recognized by the CPD Certification Service which hence confirms that the curriculum has been made as per the universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) parameters.
The food safety course is approved by the prestigious Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) for offering quality and content-approved teaching.
The course is divided into fifteen accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- Introduction to Food Hygiene – who is this course for?, why is food hygiene important?, food hygiene law, understanding food safety, and health issues caused by contaminants.
- Food Safety Hazards – microbiological hazards, allergenic hazards, physical hazards, and chemical hazards.
- Food Safety Controls – The conditions for bacterial growth, temperature control, controlling time, low and high risk foods, controlling microbiological hazards, allergenic contamination, controlling physical hazards, controlling chemical hazards, food deliveries, refrigeration and pests.
- Personal Hygiene – hand hygiene, hair hygiene, body hygiene and bad habits, protective clothing, and reporting illnesses.
- Cleaning Activities – why is cleaning important?, waste management, cleaning and disinfection, clean as you go, dishwashers, and scheduling cleaning.
What students gain at the end of the course ?
- Understand the need for maintaining food hygiene and know the kinds of health problems caused by unhygienic foods.
- Get the knowledge on food safety and hygiene law and how to bring compliance in work environments.
- They can identify different kinds of food safety hazards and ways to prevent them from contaminating the eatables.
- Ability to maintain good food standards by maintaining personal hygiene and provide safe and healthy food.
- Know the need of workplace cleanliness and following environment-friendly waste management system.
- Know the importance of critical limits and remedial action and understand the needs of careful monitoring.
- Learn the procedures to carryout effective cleaning activities.
The online assessment test will be conducted once learners complete studying the course material. The test will have 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers can be marked online and you will know your result instantly. If you don’t get pass mark, don’t worry! You can go for a re-test as many times as you require with no extra charge.