This Level 2 course is specially designed for entrepreneurs and workers who are involved in various food manufacturing and processing activities by make them understand legal implications for non-compliance to safety and health regulations, best and prescribed practices to achieve food safety, food safety control methods, hazard protection at workplaces, right food storage practices and regulations, safe food transportation, personal hygiene and workplace cleanliness.
Since contaminated or soiled food can make a big health impact on the society, governments have made stringent laws and legislations to be followed strictly by all food handlers. Hence it is mandatory that food manufacturers and dealers must have good knowledge on food hygiene and standard health and safety practices so that highest food quality can be achieved and maintained and unwarranted mishaps can be prevented.The Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Manufacturing course trains candidates in various food safety practices and international standards besides providing them with the latest information on food hygiene, safety protocols and critical safety measures with the help of well researched written material, interactive sessions, and informative videos.
Who Should Take This Course?
As per the European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the food safety and hygiene, it is mandatory that all food handlers should undergo adequate training on carrying out their roles and responsibilities safely.
This Level 2 course on food safety helps learners to effectively implement necessary health and safety measures and correct food handling practices at workplaces and make them fully compliant with regulations and laws.
The course is ideal for all types of food supervisors/food managers in the food and beverage industry.
Some of the highlights of the course are given below:
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 2 syllabus
- Matches REHIS elementary food hygiene syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
CPD Certified logo Approved by RoSPA logo
The Level 2 course is accredited by the UK-based Continuing Professional Development (CPD) service which provides CPD accreditation for candidates whose learning level has reached the required global CPD standards and benchmarks.
On successful completion, candidates will get quality assured certificate through the post to their address the next working day. The certification can be considered as proof of evidence for compliance and audit.
This course is also recognised by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training. Candidates can use CPD logo as well as RoSPA logo for their career growth.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
This food safety course has been approved and audited by Environmental Health Officers. The training materials have been reviewed independently and verified as standard content with required information for candidates to achieve the specified training level.
The course is divided into 8 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- Food Safety Legislation – food handlers and the law, key terms, European and UK regulations, food handler training, prosecution, HACCP, enforcement of food safety law, legal notices, due diligence and the Food Hygiene Ratings Scheme.
- Microbiological Hazards – the top 10 causes of food poisoning, food poisoning in the UK, symptoms of food poisoning, preventing food poisoning outbreaks, controlling temperature and time, low and high risk foods, cross contamination, common food poisoning bacteria, food spoilage, food preservation and preventing microbiological contamination.
- Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards – types of physical contamination and controlling physical contamination, chemical hazards and controlling chemical contamination, allergenic contamination and controlling allergens, food intolerances, anaphylactic shock and allergen law.
- Food Storage – choosing a supplier, food distribution and deliveries, food labelling and storage, use by and best before dates, refrigeration and temperatures, freezing and defrosting and stock rotation.
- Food Preparation – cooking, reheating, taking food temperatures, how to take a food temperature, hot holding, cooling food and food service.
- Personal Hygiene – food handler responsibilities, hand hygiene, hand washing procedures, protective gloves, bad habits, illness, hair, jewellery and smoking and protective clothing.
- Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules – food premises and the law, principles of design, waste management, cleaning and disinfection, cleaning schedules, safe cleaning, six stages of cleaning, cleaning food storage areas and chillers, dishwashers, pests and preventing pests.
- Further Information – how to register a food business, contacting the local authority, Safer Food Better Business, legal documents and FSA publications.
At the end of the training, learners can demonstrate the following competencies:
- Find and rectify food hygiene hazards.
- Implement safe food practices.
- Use effective control measures to ensure high food standard.
- Explain the procedures of food safety management systems.
- Understand work ethics to satisfy customers and legal obligations as a food handler.
At the end of the online training period, candidates will be subjected to online assessment exam. The test will have 30 multiple choice questions and candidates to score a minimum of 70% to pass the exam. Since the answers can be selected instantly, the results can be known immediately.
Candidates not securing the pass marks can review the course material and go for another assessment test without any extra charge.