As per the law, every food business must ensure that they have effective food safety management system in place by following all the 7 principles of HACCP. It is the responsibility of the workplace managers or supervisors to involve themselves during the planning stage of the HACCP system itself and make sure that workers work safely and comply with food safety standards and principles.
what is haccp certification?
This Level 3 HACCP training for Catering & Retail course is intended to make learners comprehend important aspects of a successful HACCP food safety management structure. The course trains candidates enhance their skills to follow HACCP panning process and helps them to identify food safety hazards, to use appropriate control measures and ensure that HACCP system works effectively.
Some of the highlights of the course are given below:
- Formulated by food safety experts
- Reviewed by an Environmental Health Officer
- Endorsed by CPD and approved by RoSPA
- Endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Ensures compliance with UK regulations on the Food Safety and Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013 (and similar)
- In agreement with EU Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on food hygiene
- Learning through online method with instant assessment system
- Full audio voiceover
Who Should Take This Level 3 HACCP Training for Catering & Retail?
Ideal for food officers, managers and supervisors working in catering & retail food premises, the food safety course helps candidates to become experts in following EU Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foods and makes them familiar with effective food safety management based on HACCP principles.
It’s suggested that candidates first take the Level 3 Supervising Food Safety course before joining Level 3 HACCP training, as they will be able to grasp the subject more clearly.
This certified online training is ideal for people working in positions such as, but not limited to:
- Manager / Supervisor / Team Leader
- Head Chef
- Inspector / Auditor
You can use this certification for career growth or as a matter of evidence for compliance and audit purposes.
These HACCP courses are accredited by the prestigious UK-based CPD Certification Service which means that the curriculum is in agreement with the universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) principles.
RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, recognizes this course as a provider of quality and content-approved training to learners.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
The Level 3 HACCP Training Course has been analysed and certified by the Environmental Health Officers, who have reviewed all the training materials independently and verified for having necessary information and details required for this level of training.
The course is divided into fifteen accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- An Introduction to HACCP – what is food safety management, key terms, what is HACCP, benefits of HACCP and why HACCP is important.
- HACCP and The Law – food safety legislation, training requirements, enforcing the law and due diligence.
- HACCP Alternatives – should I use HACCP? Safer Food Better Business, CookSafe, Safe Catering, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 22000:2005, other national guides and certification schemes.
- Planning a HACCP System – preparing for HACCP, creating a HACCP plan and HACCP success vs failure.
- Microbial Hazards – Microbial contamination and prevention, Pathogenic bacteria, Toxins & bacterial spores, Food-borne diseases, Food spoilage, Viral contamination, The top 10 causes of food poisoning, Low and high-risk foods, Food preservation, Bacteria growth – atmosphere
- Food Safety Hazards – how contamination applies to HACCP, types of contamination, physical, chemical, microbial and allergenic contamination, top 10 causes of food poisoning and controlling the hazards.
- Prerequisite Programmes – what are prerequisites? Examples of prerequisites, effective prerequisites and assessing prerequisites.
- Creating the HACCP System – the 7 principles, creating the HACCP team, HACCP team responsibilities, HACCP team skills, describing the products and ingredients, identifying the products’ uses and consumers, constructing a flow diagram and confirming the flow diagram in the premises.
- Principle 1: Hazard Analysis – what is hazard analysis? The 3-stage approach, hazard analysis documentation, prerequisites/HACCP and useful contacts.
- Principle 2: Critical Control Points – what is a control measure? What is a critical control point? Overusing CCPs, decision trees and the Codex Alimentarius Commission decision tree.
- Principle 3: Critical Limits – what is a critical limit? Critical limit criteria, examples of critical limits and setting critical limits.
- Principle 4: Monitoring Critical Control Points – what is monitoring? Effective monitoring, types of monitoring, frequency of monitoring and the monitoring plan.
- Principle 5: Corrective Action – what is corrective action? Levels of corrective action, corrective action procedures, examples of corrective action and product recalls.
- Principle 6: Verification of the HACCP System – why is verification important? Validation, verification, reviewing the HACCP plan, benefits of reviewing HACCP, HACCP auditing and auditing essentials: data analysis, sampling and testing.
- Principle 7: Documentation – record keeping, maintaining the HACCP team, maintaining sources of information, maintaining HACCP documentation.
- Implementing the HACCP System – implementing HACCP, implementation methods, HACCP training, making HACCP visible and confirming completion.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the importance and benefits of HACCP food safety management system.
- Gain the knowledge on food hygiene law and various food safety management systems.
- Successfully plan and execute the HACCP system and evade common pitfalls.
- Understand the value of implementing effective prerequisite programmers.
- Be confident in their knowledge of the 7 principles of HACCP and the 12-step process.
- Conduct effective hazard analysis and recognize critical control points.
- Know the importance of critical limits and remedial action and understand the needs of careful monitoring.
- Comprehend to validate and confirm the HACCP plans and needs of the documentation.
Students are assessed online after the completion of the training. There will be 45 multiple choice questions to answer with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are processed automatically so that students will now their result instantly.
Don’t worry if you don’t score a pass mark. You can study the course material again and write the test till you succeed with no extra charges for the re-exams.