NCFE is a national Awarding Organization, enthusiastic about designing, developing and certificating various, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications add to the accomplishment of a great many students at all levels, conveying them nearer to satisfying their own objectives. A last year alone, more than 340,000 students from more than 2,000 colleges, schools and preparing associations picked NCFE as the Awarding Organization to enable them to advance their careers forward.
Dynamic and responsive
NCFE is a registered educational charity and has a strong heritage in learning, going back over 150 years. NCFE’s extensive product catalogue includes a wide range of general and vocationally related QCF qualifications in a variety of subject areas, as well as Competence Based qualifications/NVQs, and Functional Skills qualifications.
NCFE is recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators (‘regulators’) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government in Wales and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA Regulation) in Northern Ireland.
What does 'NCFE' stand for?
In 1981, the Northern Advisory Council for Further Education (NACFE), which was established in 1947 to co-ordinate further education provision throughout the nine LEAs, merged with the NCTEC to become the Northern Council for Further Education.
When the further education sector was incorporated (made independent of the government) in the early 1990s the company felt the old name was incompatible with our new national focus and has since then been identified simply as NCFE with the letters no longer being an acronym.
NCFE certificate include the following sub-divisional courses
- Level 1 Award in Health and Safety Awareness – (Qualification No: 600/5207/7)
- Level 1 Award in Introduction to Fire Safety for the Workplace – (Qualification No: 601/5650/8)
- Level 1 Award in Introduction to Health and Safety for the Workplace – (Qualification No: 601/5652/1)
- Level 2 Award in Occupational Health and Safety – (Qualification No: 600/0074/0)
- Level 2 Award in Principles of Fire Safety for the Workplace – (Qualification No: 601/5651/X)
- Level 2 Award in Principles of Health and Safety for the Workplace – (Qualification No: 601/5653/3)
- Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Safe Manual Handling for the Workplace – (Qualification No: 601/5654/5)
- Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment for the Workplace – (Qualification No: 601/5655/7)
- Level 3 award in Health and Safety for the Workplace – (Qualification No: 601/5876/1)