This training course focuses on providing awareness on rules and regulations and safe usage of industrial equipment, which include tractors and lift trucks. The course will make learners understand Cal/OSHA standards which have been formulated to make usage of industrial equipment safe at workplaces thereby preventing accidents and removing hazards. The training also emphasizes on the importance of using control measures to reduce risks and create safe and healthy work environments.
This e-learning course has been formulated in line with the training procedures of Cal/OSHA Title 8 CCR, Section 3650 and 3664 Industrial Equipment, Lift Trucks and Tractors Training for General Industry.
This course has been made with an intention of creating awareness among workers on rules and regulations with regard to safe usage of various industrial equipments, which include life trucks and tractors. Learners are provided with information on safety requirements to operate industrial equipment. Emphasis is also given on rollover protective structures and their purpose as well as best safety practices and training procedures and standards for operating industrial equipment.
Who Must Take this Course?
Industrial equipment should be operated safely to prevent accidents and losses. It is the responsibility of employers to provide training to workers on safe handling and maintenance of various industrial equipment, which include life trucks and tractors. Hence all workers who are responsible to operate and deal with heavy engineering equipment should join this course to gain knowledge and expertise in safe operations of industrial equipment, preventive controls, rules and regulations and applicable safety standards.
Our Cal/OSHA Industrial Equipment, Lift Trucks and Tractors Training course has been made with quality content for easy to understand with interesting graphical and audio presentations and self-analytical questions for better performance in the final exam.
We provide completion certificate to all students who are successful in this training course and also a printable wallet card.
Continuing education credits?
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to Cal/OSHA Industrial Equipment, Lift Trucks and Tractors
- Key Terms
- History and Background
- Responsibilities – Employers
- Responsibilities – Employees
- Responsibilities – Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Industrial Truck Fundamentals
- Mast and Carriage
- Recommended Practices for Instruments
- Overhead Guard and Tires
- Applicable Regulations
- Classes of Industrial Equipment, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178
- Applicable Regulations for OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178
- Applicable Regulations for OSHA 29 CFR 1926. 1003
- Applicable Regulations for General Industry Safety Order 3650
- Applicable Regulations for General Industry Safety Order 3664
- Risk Mitigation and Safe Work Practices
- Controls – Batteries and Fire Protection/li>
- Controls – Lighting, Ventilation, and Braking
- Safety and Warning Devices and Emergency Response
- Additional Resources