Risks affecting organizations can have consequences in terms of economic performance and professional reputation, as well as environmental, safety and societal outcomes. Therefore, managing risk effectively helps organizations to perform well in an environment full of uncertainty.
ISO 31000:2018, Risk management – Guidelines, provides principles, framework and a process for managing risk. It can be used by any organization regardless of its size, activity or sector.
Using ISO 31000 can help organizations increase the likelihood of achieving objectives, improve the identification of opportunities and threats and effectively allocate and use resources for risk treatment.
Risk enters every decision in life, but clearly some decisions need a structured approach. For example, a senior executive or government official may need to make risk judgement associated with very complex situations. Dealing with risk is part of governance and leadership, and is fundamental to how an organization is managed at all levels.
Yesterday’s risk management practices are no longer adequate to deal with today’s threats and they need to evolve. These considerations were at the heart of the revision of ISO 31000, Risk management – Guidelines, whose latest version has just been published. ISO 31000:2018 delivers a clearer, shorter and more concise guide that will help organizations use risk management principles to improve planning and make better decisions.
Following are the main changes since the previous edition:
- Review of the principles of risk management, which are the key criteria for its success
- Focus on leadership by top management who should ensure that risk management is integrated into all organizational activities, starting with the governance of the organization
- Greater emphasis on the iterative nature of risk management, drawing on new experiences, knowledge and analysis for the revision of process elements, actions and controls at each stage of the process
- Streamlining of the content with greater focus on sustaining an open systems model that regularly exchanges feedback with its external environment to fit multiple needs and contexts
It is quick and easy to achieve your ISO certification and start winning new business. Green World Management Consultant 15 years of the business experience can help you to attain this very easily.
The following are the process in a simplified way
Step 1 : Preparation
Green Worlds dedicated auditor would be on continuous engagement to go through the audit plan in preparation for your stage 1 assessment.
Stage 1 Assessment
There’s no pressure for the first assessment; and most of them are really surprised what they already have in place following this visit. The report issued will highlight the next steps you need to take to achieve the company certification.
Stage 2 Assessment
Once you’re ready, Green World Group’s dedicated Auditor will review again to ascertain if your own management systems and procedures meet the requirements in the standard. You’ll be recommended with the Auditor’s findings in the day that would be approved by our Compliance office, and the final documentation will be issued adhering to the decision.
The excellent trustworthiness in regards to ISO 31000 is influenced by its requirement intended for on-going improvement, so most of us keep up a correspondence and arrange annual assessments to keep the acquired certification up-to-date.
Green World Group’s Assured Support
Understanding the certification process might appear daunting. Green World Group’s professional would ensure that the process method is as smooth as possible while you get maximum benefits.
To make certain operations go smoothly, you would receive the following:
- A Letter of Commitment after the proceedings have been started
- An Auditor, who’ll keep engaged with you throughout the activity
- An Account Manager in order to answer all of the inquiries
- Free generic design template toolkits and access to be able to experience professional online training.
Feel free to contact our Green World Group Occupational Health and Safety Consultant for more information. Please visit our Contact Page.