The aim of this 2 session course is to cover the managing of challenging emergency situations and providing immediate first aid in order to preserve life, promote recovery and prevent the casualty’s condition from worsening.
- The roles and responsibilities of a first-aider
- Assessing an emergency situation safely
- CPR – Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- AED – Automated external defibrillator
- Administering first aid to a choking casualty
- Dealing with shock, burns, scalds, bleeds and minor injuries