This Material Handling and Storage Safety Training course provides students a clear understanding on safe material handling at surface mines, mills, or plants. Very much ideal for supervisors and general workers, the students are trained to identify various hazards at mine sites, follow safe work practices for mechanical and manual operations and safe material storage, with focus being given on forklifts and material disposal methods.
This online training course has been formulated as per the guidelines of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)’s Material Handling Safety Training procedures and National Mine Health and Safety Academy.
Every miner has the responsibility to ensure that their workplaces are health and safety compliant as per the government regulations. Mine employers play a major role in ensuring that workers are well informed about the risks and dangers, instructed well to follow regulations and supervised to prevent untoward incidents. The supervisors must ensure that workers are properly trained, protected from hazards and follow MSHA and OSHA regulations. Mine workers are self responsible to follow all safety instructions and adhere to MSHA and OSHA standards and safe work habits.
Mine companies aiming to be MSHA compliant, must a comprehensive training program approved by MSHA and conducted by competent experts. Employers can use this course or any of our courses to implement their training program.
We have expertise in train to have correct training plan with our Part 46 Surface Mining Training Plan course, which is the only available such safety course in the mining industry.
The training program offers students a broad outlook on safe material handling at mining sites, mills and plants. Students are trained to use various safety and health procedures to remain safe and informed of safety procedures and regulations. Students learn to identify various hazards while handling mining materials and storing procedures to minimize mishaps, dangers and disasters.
Students are training to handle safely the manual and mechanical handling and storage of materials.
Who Must Take this Course?
This training can be given to those who face hazards and risks in surface mines, mills or plants and it is advisable that every employee including the safety personnel, supervisors, manages and transporters.
Our Materials Handling Safety for Mining Training course has been packaged with high-quality and updated content, graphical and audio presentations, self-test questions and final test.
Students will receive the hard copy of the completion certificate and also a printable wallet card.
Continuing education credits?
Each candidate will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) for completing this e-learning short-term course.
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to Materials Handling Safety for Mining
- Materials Handling Definitions
- Classification of Hazards
- Manual Handling of Materials
- Hazards of Manual Materials Handling
- Safe Practices for Manual Handling of Materials
- Safe Practices for Manual Handling of Materials-Housekeeping
- Safe Practices for Manual Handling of Materials-Loading, Transporting, and Unloading
- Safe Practices for Manual Handling of Materials-Moving Trailing Cables
- Safe Practices for Stacking and Storage of Bags and Bundles
- Safe Practices for Stacking and Storage of Barrels, Drums, and Kegs
- Safe Practices for Stacking and Storage of Brick and Stone
- Safe Practices for Stacking and Storage of Lumber
- Manual Handling of Materials-Injury Prevention
- Factors Associated with Back Disorders
- Injury Prevention
- Injury Prevention Ergonomics-Safe Lifting Practices
- Injury Prevention Ergonomics-Lifting Lightweight Items
- Injury Prevention Ergonomics-Tripod Lift
- Injury Prevention-Driving
- Injury Prevention-Reaching
- Injury Prevention-Sitting
- Injury Prevention-Standing
- Injury Prevention-Shoveling
- Injury Prevention-Sleeping
- Injury Prevention-Using a Push Broom
- Injury Prevention-Stretching and Exercise
- Injury Prevention-Personal Protective Equipment
- Mechanical Handling of Materials
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Cranes
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Forklifts
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Platform Lift Trucks
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Motorized Hand Trucks
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Hoists (general)
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Electrical Hoists
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Air Hoists
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Hand Operated Hoists
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Jacks
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Railroad Cars
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Slings
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Powered Industrial Trucks
- Mechanical Handling of Materials-Powered Trucks for Special Atmospheres
- Safety Precautions (General)
- Safety Precautions-Operations and Maintenance
- Safety Precautions-Visibility
- Safety Precautions-Clearances
- Safety Precautions-Surface Conditions
- Safety Precautions-Pedestrians
- Safety Precautions-Training and Evaluation