Every year thousands of workers get killed or maimed due to fire or explosions at workplaces. By following fire safety standards and keeping standard fire safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, one can reduce the fire impact and save lives. Workplaces must have appropriate fire extinguishers and train workers to use them in case of emergency.
Our online OSHA fire Extinguisher Training course has been formulated to make participants acquire required knowledge about portable fire extinguishers used for various industries, safety measures and how to use them to control fire till the arrival of fire control personnel.
Enterprises should also educate employees to have clear understanding of the usages and limitations of using portable fire extinguishers and also the hazards involved in containing fire.
Our online fire extinguisher training course has been made to fulfill the training parameters of OSHA 29 CFR § 1910.157 Portable Fire Extinguishers Standard.
This online fire safety course follows OSHA 29 CFR 1910.157 standard for portable fire extinguishers. The course provides the overview of the safety standard, types of risks, proper placement, maintenance requirements, safe usage and testing procedures of portable fire extinguishers provided for the use of employees in case of emergency situations.
Who Must Take this Course?
According to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.157(g)(1) safety standard, employers must have portable fire extinguishers installed at their work premises which can be used by employees. Either a particular group of workers or every one of them must be informed about the usage and functionalities of the portable fire extinguishers with live demonstration by experts. These workers must know the risks involved in operating fire-fighting equipment and how to safeguard them from injuries.
Our Portable Fire Extinguishers Training course has been developed with content made by safety experts who have included case studies, audio and visual elements for improved understanding of concepts and self-test questions for better performance in the final exam.
At the end of the course period, all students have to appear for the final exam. Upon successful, every student will be provided with a hard copy of completion certificate along with a wallet card.
Continuing education credits?
Each successful candidate is entitled to get 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) for finishing the e-learning course.
- Introduction to Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Key Terms
- Portable Fire Extinguishers – History and Background
- Portable Fire Extinguishers – Overview
- Statistics for Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Responsibilities – Fire Brigades
- Responsibilities – Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Applicable Regulations for Portable Fire Extinguishers – Governing Authorities
- Applicable Regulations for Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Proper Portable Fire Extinguisher Use
- When to Evacuate
- Source and Types of Fire
- Size and Type of Extinguisher
- Type of Extinguisher System
- Classes of Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Air-Pressurized Water Portable Fire Extinguishers
- CO2 or Dry Chemical Portable Fire Extinguishers for Class B Fires
- CO2 or Dry Chemical Portable Fire Extinguishers for Class C Fires
- Class D Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Class K Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Risk Mitigation and Safe Work Practices for Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Portable Fire Suppression – Fire Extinguisher
- PASS Method
- Best Practices and Hazards
- Emergency Action Plan
- Fire Prevention Plan
- Educational Programming Training
- Hands-on Training
- Additional Resources