Law stipulates that food businesses that include retail, manufacturing and catering should have sustainable food safety management system to maintain food quality and reduce accidents.
The Level 2 HACCP Training Course is aimed at introducing candidates the importance of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points management system and how to implement the law and work safely and details of HACCP implementation parameters.
Learners at the end of the course are benefited by thoroughly understanding the importance of HACCP, about 7 HACCP and how the principles are implemented, mandatory safety procedures and safe food handling methods to ensure that customers get high quality food.
Some of the highlights of the course are given below:
- Designed and developed by experienced food safety professionals
- Recognised by CPD and RoSPA
- In agreement with EU Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on food hygiene
- Conducted online and assessed instantly at the end of the course
- Full audio voiceover
Who Should Take This Level 3 HACCP Course?
This Level 2 HACCP course can be studied by workers of all levels in the food industry, which include regular and temporary workers, full time, part-time and contract workers. The course is highly popular with students and workers as it teaches the importance of following HACCP safety system and familiarises learners about the mandatory standards and policies to be followed for maintaining highest quality and hygiene of food items.
However, it’s advisable that students should start with Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene course before joining with Level 2 HACCP training for better clarity and understanding on the subject.
Do You Comply With the European Food Safety Regulations?
The European Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Food mandates that all food businesses in the EU should adhere to food safety management system based on the Codex HACCP standards.
By making their workers undergo this course, employers can ensure that all workers, which include managers, supervisors and other staff members, are competent to work safely and capable of recognising potential hazards, dangers and risks at the workplace, can take action to eliminate or reduce risks and expertise in following relevant safety procedures.
The certificate can be used as an evidence for compliance and audit.
These Course are recognised by the CPD Certification Service which confirms that students are trained as per the internationally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) procedures.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, for offering quality and content-approved training.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
This course has been checked and certified by Environmental Health Officers who screened all the training materials and verified for having necessary information, knowledge and details to train students to the specified level.
The course is divided into 6 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- Introduction to HACCP – what is HACCP? Key terms, legislation, benefits of HACCP and enforcing the law.
- Food Safety Hazards – how contamination applies to HACCP, physical, chemical, microbial and allergenic contamination and cross contamination.
- Principles and Prerequisites – the 7 principles, examples of prerequisites, effective prerequisites and assessing prerequisites.
- Creating a HACCP System – the basics of HACCP, creating a HACCP team, describing the products and ingredients, identifying the products’ uses and consumers,
constructing a flow diagram and confirming the flow diagram.
- The 7 Principles: Hazard Analysis and Control Measures – the 7 principles of HACCP, hazard analysis, determining critical control points, the codex decision tree and establishing critical limits.
- The 7 Principles: Monitoring and Verification – monitoring critical control points, establishing corrective actions, establishing verification procedures, reviewing the HACCP plan and record keeping.
By the end of this course candidates will:
- Understand food hygiene legislation and needs of HACCP and its relevance.
- Have knowledge on major food safety hazards.
- Lean about the needs of 7 principles of HACCP.
- Understand the needs for effective food safety system before ensuring a HACCP system.
- Know how to set up a HACCP system.
- Be able to identify food safety hazards and appropriate control measures.
- Comprehend the needs of regularly monitoring the HACCP system.
Students will have to take an online assessment test at the end of training. There will be 30 multiple choice questions to answer with a pass mark of 80%. The answers marked are instantly processed and you will know the result immediately at the end of the test. Don’t worry if you do not get the required pass percentage. You can study the course material and write again till you prove your competency and secure the pass marks with no extra charges for the re-tests.