This Level 2 course is aimed for candidates associated with retail food industry with responsibilities ranging from handling, preparing, processing, to transporting and serving food and food products. The occupational safety and health course, which is accredited by CPD and approved by RoSPA, provides information on food control act, safety procedures, legal responsibilities and best practices in managing workplaces sans hazards, safe food storage, maintaining high personal hygiene and overall cleanliness.
As per the existing rules, all food manufacturers and managers should have basic understanding on food hygiene, safety procedures, healthy practices and how to keep the workplaces clear from all types of hazards, dangers, contaminants and pollutants.The course, offered through our world-class training centres spread across several nations, provides candidates with quality, updated and easy to comprehend study material, several interactive sessions, informative videos on various safety and health issues of food industry and critical handling procedures.
What students can expert from the course?
- Same as RSPH and CIEH level 2 syllabus
- Similar to REHIS elementary food hygiene syllabus
- Satisfies EU and UK legal requirements for food manufacturers and handlers
- Approved by RoSPA and Accredited by CPD
- Online study mode and quick and transparent assessment model
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificates will be sent by post the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
According to the European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on food hygiene mandates that all food handlers, supervisors and managers should undergo appropriate training on food safety measures and safety roles.
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Retail course is aimed at to make sure that all candidates understand their legal responsibilities and capable of enforcing correct food safety procedures and standards at workplaces.
The course can be studied by retail food handlers or their representatives who may belong to various retail businesses such as food stalls, farm shops, bakery stores, grocery stores, supermarkets, butchers, fishmongers, sweet and snack shops, wholesalers and delicatessens.
On completion, candidates are provided with quality assurance certificate sent through post their address the next working day. The certificate can be used as an evidence for compliance or audit. The certificate can be great career enabler for students who are relatively new to food industry.
The course is approved by the UK-based CPD Certification Service, which implies that candidates have achieved Continuous Professional Development (CPD) standards.
This food safety course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, for providing quality and content-approved training.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
This course has been audited and accepted by the Environmental Health Officers. The course materials are reviewed and verified by competent authorities and certified as having necessary information to achieve the level of training as specified.
The course is divided into 8 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- Food Safety Legislation – food handlers and the law, key terms, European and UK regulations, food handler training, prosecution, HACCP, enforcement of food safety law, legal notices, due diligence and the Food Hygiene Ratings Scheme.
- Microbiological Hazards – the top 10 causes of food poisoning, food poisoning in the UK, symptoms of food poisoning, preventing food poisoning outbreaks, controlling temperature and time, low and high risk foods, cross contamination, common food poisoning bacteria, food spoilage, food preservation and preventing microbiological contamination.
- Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards – types of physical contamination and controlling physical contamination, chemical hazards and controlling chemical contamination, allergenic contamination and controlling allergens, food intolerances, anaphylactic shock and allergen law.
- Food Storage – choosing a supplier, food distribution and deliveries, food labelling and storage, use by and best before dates, refrigeration and temperatures, freezing and defrosting and stock rotation.
- Food Preparation – cooking, reheating, taking food temperatures, how to take a food temperature, hot holding, cooling food and food service.
- Personal Hygiene – food handler responsibilities, hand hygiene, hand washing procedures, protective gloves, bad habits, illness, hair, jewellery and smoking and protective clothing.
- Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules – food premises and the law, principles of design, waste management, cleaning and disinfection, cleaning schedules, safe cleaning, six stages of cleaning, cleaning food storage areas and chillers, dishwashers, pests and preventing pests.
- Further Information – how to register a food business, contacting the local authority, Safer Food Better Business, legal documents and FSA publications.
All successful learners are expected to have the following expertise which they can demonstrate at workplaces:
- Pin point all kinds of food hygiene hazards and dangers.ems.
- Prescribe food safety practices.
- Impose control measures to maintain high standards in food hygiene and safety.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of food safety management systems.
- Understand the needs of customers and fulfil all legal obligations.
At the end of the online course, students can take an online test, anytime they want. There will be 30 multiple choice questions and minimum pass mark is 70%. The answered questions are reviewed immediately and results are known instantly.
Candidates who do not secure pass percentage can rewrite the test after assessing the course material without paying any additional exam fee.