This course provides detailed information on safety procedures and regulations for workers assigned to spend in confined work spaces in the state of California. Students joining the course get to know in detail about the confined spaces, risks present in confined spaces, and safety responsibilities of employees and employers in line with California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) Title 8 California Code of Regulations (CCR), Article 108, sections 5157 and 5158.
This online course has been developed to satisfy the training conditions for the Cal/OSHA Title 8 CCR, Section 5157 & 5158 Permit-required and Non-permit Confined Spaces regulations.
This e-learning program offers learners basic safety training to make them comprehend about the types of hazards and safety practices involved in working in confined spaces along with quizzes and case studies to reinforce their understanding. The syllabus also includes common physical and atmospheric hazards exist in confined spaces, best work practices to control or eliminate risks, and the standards underlined by California confined spaces regulations.
Who Must Take this Course?
Generally workers who are assigned to work in confined and highly cramped workplaces need to undergo this training. Also those who are frequently make an entry and those who enter and work within a confined space, attendants, managers, supervisors and also employers who come and check working conditions, should take up this course to gain understanding of safety procedures, regulations, risk management system and procedures required to get permit for Confined Spaces.
Our Cal/OSHA Permit required and Non-permit Confined Space Entry Training course has been packaged well with standard content for students and workers, case studies, graphical representation, audio explanations and good number of questions for self check before appearing for the final exam.
Upon successful completion, each learner will get a hard copy of completion certificate and can print a wallet card.
Continuing education credits?
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) from Compliance Training Online® for completing this course.
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to Cal/OSHA Confined Spaces Safety
- Cal/OSHA Confined Spaces State Plan
- Key Terms
- Confined Spaces Fatality Statistics
- Confined Spaces Overview
- Types of Confined Spaces
- Examples of Confined Spaces
- Dangers of Confined Spaces
- Types of Hazards: Atmospheric Hazards
- Oxygen Deficiency Hazard
- Oxygen Enrichment Hazard
- Flammable Gases and Vapors Hazard
- Toxic Air Contaminants Hazard
- Physical Hazards: Engulfment Hazard
- Other Physical Hazards
- Confined Spaces Safety Controls
- Reasons Fatalities Occur in Confined Spaces
- Requirements for Employers
- Title 8 CCR, Section 5157 – Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Identification of Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Required Elements of an Entry Permit
- Alternative to Permit Space Compliance
- The Permit-Required Confined Space Program
- Requirements of a Confined Space Program
- Employee Training
- Non-Entry Rescue
- Title 8 CCR, Section 5158 – Other Confined Space Operations
- Information and Training for Employees
- Pre-Entry Provisions
- Entry Into and Work Within Confined Spaces with Poor Conditions
- Contract Work in Confined Spaces
- Emergency Response
- Requirements for Employees
- Authorized Entrants