This online course is intended to make miners realize their rights and responsibilities as referred by Mine Act. MSHA, which comes under the purview of the Mine Act, guarantees certain rights to miners as long as they follow the prescribed rules and regulations. Hence the course makes learners understand best practices to be followed to remain safe and healthy as well as their legal rights to work in safe environment and procedures to be followed if the rights are violated.
Under the Mine Act, the Mine Improvement and New Emergency Response Act of 2006 (MINER Act), and Title 30 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), workers at mines have certain basic rights in terms of remaining safe and healthy and responsibilities by way of following all stipulated best practices and regulations. Every miner must have a thorough knowledge on his or her rights and in case of violations, procedures to follow to protect their rights.
Besides, every worker at mining site must be self-responsible to follow all the necessary safety practices and regulations as mandated at all times. Employers of mines must ensure that they provide relevant information, instruction, and ensure supervision to all workers. All mine supervisors are responsible to see to it that workers are properly trained as per the MSHA and OSHA regulations and all compliances are met. For workers at mine sites, they have to follow instructions and regulations to remain safe and healthy.
Employers want to be MSHA compliant, must have MSHA approved training plan and should be administered by qualified experts. Companies can use this course or any of our courses to implement their training plan.
If you don’t know how to develop a MSHA approved training plan, you can take the help of our Part 46 Surface Mining Training Plan course and Part 48 Underground Mining Training Plan course, the best available courses in the mining industry.
The course presents an overview of the rights and responsibilities of minors. It also trains learners to master the Mine Safety and Health Administration’s (MSHA) regulations and rights and how to exercise their rights and responsibilities.
Who Must Take this Course?
The online learning course is ideal for people who are holding positions such as supervisors, managers, operators, safety professionals, and all other individuals who work at mines.
Our Miners’ Rights and Responsibilities course has high quality course material, graphical and audio presentations and question banks for better preparation for the final exam.
Upon completing the course successfully, students will receive completion certificate along with printable wallet card.
Continuing education credits?
Each student will receive 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) for completing this course.
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to the MSHA Miners’ Rights and Responsibilities Overview Training Course
- Key Terms and Definitions
- Personal Rights Under the Mine Act
- Right to Representation
- Representative Qualification
- Procedures for Nominating a Representative
- Representative Responsibilities
- Protected Activities
- Reporting Misconduct
- Hazard Reporting
- Participating in Inspections
- Participating in Enforcement Hearings
- Idle Pay
- Work Refusal
- Health Protection Rights Under the Mine Act
- Underground Coal Mining and Black Lung Disease
- Exposure to Diesel Particulate Matter at Underground Metal/Nonmetal Mines
- Right to Health and Safety Training
- Part 46 Training Rights
- Part 48 Training Rights
- Rights Regarding New and Revised Standards or Regulations
- Petitioning for Safety Standard or Regulation Modifications
- Information Rights
- Rights Regarding Emergency Preparedness and Protocol
- Underground Coal Mines—Plans
- Underground Coal Mines—Emergency Evacuations, Drills, and Training
- Underground Coal Mines—Mine Maps
- Underground Coal Mines—Ventilation Plan Changes
- Underground Coal Mines—Examinations and Reports Records
- Underground Coal Mines—Ground Failure and Fire Suppression
- Surface Coal Mine and Surface Areas of Underground Coal Mines
- Underground Metal/Nonmetal Mines
- Responsibilities of Miners and Supervisors
- Miner Responsibilities
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Additional Resources