Disposing of untreated hazardous wastes can affect the health of workers and also the immediate surroundings. This online training course provides students an overview of the safety guidelines proposed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Participants will get to know how to recognize or identify hazardous wastes, advantages of healthy and clean work environments, ways to minimize exposure to unhealthy wastes, safe disposal methods, conducting health and safety programs and compliance procedures.
OSHA had issued the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard In 1989 which comes under Title 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), also known as CFR Part 1910.120.
The regulations intend to protect workers from falling victim to the unexpected exposure of hazardous wastes at workplaces and impose healthy practices for safe disposal and handling of industrial wastes. As per the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations, which put hazardous waste under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) also known as rick-ra, employers must ensure that all kinds of hazardous wastes are properly documented, checked and disposed of to safeguard workers and also the environment.
This online safety course provides complete analysis of OSHA regulations on hazardous waste disposals and explains how hazardous wastes are classified, defined, recognized and safe disposal methods. Participants get awareness on various properties of hazardous wastes, health impacts on human lives and other forms due to mismanagement of chemical wastes and its environmental impacts. Students get to know the procedures to treat, store and manage hazardous wastes and how to prevent physical contacts with such harmful wastes.
Who Must Take this Course?
Industries which are handling hazardous wastes such as chemical and biological wastes must adhere to the OSHA standards of waste disposal management and follow the compliance procedures to protect workers and environment. So, every employee must have awareness on the health impact of untreated wastes and how to prevent physical contacts and safe disposal methods. Apart from general workers, employees who are specifically assigned to collect, carry, dispose or transport hazardous items and wastes must undergo this course to gain complete awareness on safe disposal methods and regulations.
Our OSHA Hazardous Waste Safety training course contains quality content prepared by experts, graphical and audio explanations, self-check questions for better preparation for the final exam and important case studies.
Each candidate after successfully complete this course, will get a hard copy of completion certificate along with a printable wallet card.
Continuing education credits?
All the students who clear this course are entitled for 0.2 CEUs (or 2 CMEs) at the end of this training program.
- About This Course
- Course Objectives
- Introduction to OSHA Hazardous Waste Safety Training
- Key Terms
- Hazardous Waste Statistics
- Purpose of OSHA Regulations
- Health and Environmental Effects of Hazardous Waste Exposure
- Written Safety and Health Program
- Program Requirements
- Work Plan
- Site Evaluation and Control
- Site-Specific Safety and Health Plan
- Training Program Requirements
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Program
- Monitoring Air Quality
- Medical Surveillance Program
- Decontamination Procedures
- Emergency Response Plan
- Recognizing Hazardous Waste
- Types of Hazardous Waste
- Characteristics of Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Waste Identification Process
- Solid Waste
- Waste Exclusions
- Listed Wastes
- Evaluating Exposure to Hazardous Waste
- Surface Contamination and Monitoring
- Monitoring for Contamination of Equipment and Tools
- Monitoring for Dermal Exposure
- Air Contamination and Monitoring
- Control and Prevention
- Personal Protective Equipment Standards
- Using Safer Chemicals
- Engineering Controls and Work Practices
- Handling and Labeling Drums and Containers
- Sanitation of Temporary Work Sites
- Record Keeping
- Additional Resources