How students can benefit from the New NEBOSH IGC Exam pattern
NEBOSH has revamped its most sought-after qualification NEBOSH IGC and made sweeping changes in syllabus, study structure and assessment for the benefit of both students as well as industries across the world.
The changes have been introduced to both International General IG qualifications that has now replaced the old version of NEBOSH IGC qualifications.
New NEBOSH IGC and Old NEBOSH IGC Syllabus
With the new IGC pattern, NEBOSH has made the qualification relevant to various job roles by including key practical knowledge and skill sets required for managers responsible for health and safety and making career-oriented for senior level posts and qualification. The previous study pattern had included complicated technical content which was above the required industry level and not necessary in the present days’ context.
The study language English has also been reviewed and simplified to remove complicated terminologies where ever possible.
The new syllabus is simple and easy for learners who can readily apply the learned knowledge and skills in the real-work environments. The revamped IGC study pattern can give students ability to understand key concepts fast and apply those concepts in any kind of work environment.
NOTE: NEBOSH has discontinued the usage of NEBOSH command words in exams.
Students joining our new NEBOSH IGC course will have to study two units.
IG1 – Management of health and safety.
IG2 – Risk Assessment – Practical unit.
Both these units are formulated by NEBOSH and the first exam of the new pattern will be held in November 2019.
Some of the advantages of new NEBOSH IGC are:
- More benefits for employers and learners
- Instil confidence, added practical knowledge and focuses on career progression
- In-depth knowledge required for HSE openings
- Can learn concepts easily in simple English
- Includes latest topics and challenges at workplaces
- Covers all relevant topics and practical skills required for mangers handling workplace safety
- Focuses on risk management to enable health and safety professionals use the training more effectively
- Theory paper tests students their academic knowledge while practical assessment checks their application skills
- Add more value in terms of employability and provides edge over others in career enhancement
How to switch from old to new syllabus?
Students who have completed part units on the old syllabus DO NOT have the option to transfer or apply for waiver on the new syllabus. Credit points earned through old syllabus can’t be carry forward with the new syllabus.
If Student wish to discontinue the old syllabus and apply on the new syllabus specification, this would be treated as a fresh registration and both new papers (IG1 and IG2) will have to be completed.
Contact for more details
Candidates who want to do NEBOSH IGC and need further information on new pattern and assessment methods, can contact Green World Group course coordinator by either calling us directly, write to us in the specified query form available on our site or mail us mentioning your requirements. Our course advisors are available all the time to help you choose the right course for you.