Diploma in Fire Engineering and Safety Management, a program for working professionals and students, is a Government of India-recognised course offered by the Green World Group. The course enables individuals to acquire a wide range of critical knowledge and skills to perform fire safety professional roles such as fire safety manager, fire safety specialist and fire investigation officers/specialist in the fire and rescue service department. Since workers need to access buildings’ fire safety preparedness and design a strategy to avoid hazards and incidents due to fire, the course focuses on understanding of fire engineering science and safety.
The qualification essentially meets the following requirements:
- Those who are already working in the fire safety and rescue department of companies and want to enhance their knowledge and qualification for career point of view or those who wish to acquire skills and know-how to become individual fire safety, health and rescue professionals.
- People who are working in the specialised professions involving fire and rescue such as aviation or doing fire safety/ fire prevention audits who want to develop and implement advanced knowledge and understanding in their occupation.
- Other fire service professionals or engineers who wish to showcase their knowledge and understanding of fire safety, fire science and other specialised areas.
Students need to clear six theory papers namely:
- PAPER 1- OCCUPATION HEALTH AND SAFETY
- PAPER 2- ACCIDENT PREVENTION & RISK MANAGEMENT
- PAPER 3- FIRE HYDRAULICS & FIRE LOSS CONTROL
- PAPER 4- SAFETY IN ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
- PAPER 5- SAFETY & PREVENTION IN CHEMICAL / PETRO CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES, REFINERIES & OIL RIGS
- PAPER 6- FIRE PREVENTION & CONTROL
Paper 1, 2 & 3 combined: 2 hours written exam – 10 questions (no choice) – 100 marks
Paper 4, 5 & 6 combined: 2 hours written exam – 10 questions (no choice) – 100 marks
Fire and safety course in distance education
Students can opt a twelve-day non-compulsory seminar session at extra fees at GWG Business Center, Chennai, India. The seminar will only be conducted when there will be adequate number of candidates.
Expert tutors are available on all working days for students to clarify their doubts in the subjects through emails and phones.
Green World Group offers International Standard course materials which are published by the Group. This publication is promoted by the Government of India.
After completion of course, successful candidates will be provided with certification within a month (from the date of announcement of results. Certificates & Mark Lists will be issued from Central Board of Examination & National Development agency, promoted by the Government of India. Special certificates will be issued for students achieved distinction and first class.
The course fee for Diploma in Fire Engineering & Safety Management is inclusive of examination fee, study materials and administration charges.